When it comes to being a producer of medical marijuana, you cannot go just start growing plants selling it. You have to go through an extensive process and apply for a ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations) license. Only after being approved can you legally sell medical marijuana. But there is more to it than that. We have five things you need to know about the process.
Five Key Things You Need To Know About An ACMPR Application
- The ACMPR replaced the old MMPR (Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations) on August 24th 2016. Health Canada aimed to update the rules in relation to the legalisation of marijuana and streamline the process.
- The main difference between the ACMPR and MMPR is the terms of production. Under an ACMPR license in Canada, licensed producers are allowed to grow and sell marijuana seeds, oils and plants to individuals that need it, as long as they are registered with Health Canada. Under the old MMPR, individuals could only purchase seeds from established producers.
- There are two main components that will cover you if you get an ACMPR license:
- An explanation of how to grow marijuana for your personal use or instructing someone to grow cannabis for your health
- An explanation of how you apply for a license to produce and distribute cannabis products to the general public.
- Despite the assertion that it is easier to apply for medical marijuana, the process is still quite extensive and requires a lot of effort. The process involves you submitting the ACMPR application form and documents that demonstrate your operating procedures, quality assurance and even your security protocols.
- The wait time to get approved for your ACMPR application could take a while. The process is extensive because Health Canada wants to make sure you can deliver on the products. You are dealing with serious matters and medical conditions. It has to be 100% certified that you can be licenced and responsible producer.
Get Help With Your ACMPR Application
Applying for your ACMPR application can be difficult, stressful and tiresome. There is a lot to understand, and plenty to submit, if you want to get your application successfully approved. That is why plenty of people are turning towards ACMPR license professionals that can help with your application. They will be able to cover all bases with you, so you get your application approved.
At Cool Kind, we can help you get your ACMPR license or medical marijuana card. With excellent guidance, quick service and expert doctors, Cool Kind is here to help you understand the cannabis laws in Canada and access high-quality cannabis products through ACMPR suppliers in your area. Give us a call at 1-855-266-5563.